Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zettel/Hughes Wedding

This past weekend was near and dear to my heart. My brother-in-law married the love of his life and now I've gained a sister-in-law that I adore.

This couple loves nature and they have a love for the city...Detroit in particular. So to combine the two, they were married on Belle Isle at the Conservatory. Each room in the Conservatory had a different theme. One had ferns, another cacti, another was tropical. Very cool...well actually it was HOT HOT HOT, but it was definitely different and interesting and lovely.



To add to the unique event and being true to their heritage, the groom and groomsmen all wore kilts to honor their Scottish ancestors. Strangers asked the age old question about a man in a kilt (I'll never tell what they told me!) and the wedding party was asked to stop for pictures at the Ren Cen (where hte wedding party was picked up by the limo) and all over Belle Isle.

The reception took place at the Edison Boat Club right on the Detroit River. As I entered the building to take the wedding parties' "stuff" to their table, I was greeted by Daniel. He had bright blonde spikey hair and very hip glasses and a huge smile on his face. He told me that he was the cake artist and wanted to make sure that the bride would love the cake because he had never met her before. Let me tell you...this cake was GORGEOUS! He even helped me out later in the night when we realized that the cake server had never made it to the reception hall. What a life saver!! Then to top it off, this cake was so moist and so wonderful, and he probably made way too much...but who's going to complain about too much cake!? Not me!! If I get a picture of it, I'll repost it on here!

The reception was great! The centerpieces were made from rocks and greenery all made by the groom. The food was fantastic and the staff at the Edison Boat Club was prompt and very helpful. My husband (Best Man) made a special wine for the wedding that WILL taste good closer to Thanksgiving, but it was still a bit too "young" to taste great by the time the wedding got here. Sometimes it's the thought that really does count!

















No comments:

Post a Comment